- Development Studies
- Environmental Humanities
- Human Resource Management
- Indigenous Studies
- International Business
- International Relations
- Media, Culture and Technology
- Politics and International Relations
- Social Research and Policy
- Sociology and Anthropology
Major Social Research Project
You will complete a major Social Research project that will bring together the research and analytical skills necessary for research and policy-related work.
This project will include preparation of a research proposal, literature review and the completion of a research project embodying the results of the research.
Past Social Research and Policy research topics have included:
- Newstart – impact and perceptions
- E-trafficking - using new technologies in the context of human trafficking
- Degrees of difference? A preliminary study into the composition of criminology degrees at Australian universities
Dual mode (120 UOC) made up of:
1. Core Social Research and Policy courses (54 UOC)
2. Prescribed Social Research and Policy elective (6 UOC)
3. One major stream (60 UOC) from the approved list
Dual mode is available in 3937 Science/Social Research & Policy, 3938 Advanced Science/Social Research & Policy, 4044 Social Work (Honours)/Social Research & Policy, 4771 Social Research & Policy/Law, and 4815 Art Theory/Social Research & Policy.
- Research officer
- Policy analyst
- Political adviser
- Project officer
- Research consultant
- Social worker
Third year students may be able to pursue a structured and supported vocational placement designed to provide an understanding of organisational contexts and the development of professional skills.
A range of placements will be offered to students including:
- UNSW Research Centres
- UNSW administrative branches and other relevant UNSW organisations
- mentoring placement with UNSW academic staff members
- organisations outside UNSW organised by the internship coordinator
- organisations identified by the student and agreed upon by the Internship coordinator
Overseas exchange program
Why not spend a term overseas at a partner university and receive credit towards your Social Research and Policy degree at UNSW.
UNSW has over 200 partner universities in over 38 countries, giving you the opportunity to live, study and travel in a new country.
A fourth year honours program is available for high achieving students in the Bachelor of Social Research and Policy.
Honours is an intensive study program that provides the opportunity to engage in specialised and extended research, to further develop research and analytical skills and expand graduate options.
As a student of Social Research and Policy you have the option to enrol in an additional degree credit Vocational Placement (Internship) Course to gain further professional experience.