- Art History and Theory
- Arts and Social Sciences
- Asian Studies
- Australian Studies
- Chinese Studies
- Creative Writing
- Development Studies
- Environmental Humanities
- European Studies
- Film Studies
- French Studies
- German Studies
- Human Resource Management
- Indigenous Studies
- Indonesian Studies
- International Business
- International Relations
- Italian Studies
- Japanese Studies
- Korean Studies
- Modern Greek Studies
- Politics and International Relations
- Sociology and Anthropology
- Spanish and Latin American Studies
- Theatre and Performance Studies
- Women's and Gender Studies
- Media, Culture and Everyday Life
- Time, Space and Experience
- Publics and Publishing in Transition
- Sound Media
- Festivals and Exhibitions
- Working with Image and Sound
- Video Project
Screen and Sound Production students will also study elective courses in film studies, media, sound and production. You may also choose 'free electives' which can be taken either within or outside the Arts & Social Sciences.
- An optional external minor stream of 24 36 UOC (four to six courses) selected from the list of UNSW BA approved external minor streams*
- 12 - 24 UOC of Free Electives (four courses) including at least 12 UOC taken within the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences.
*An external minor satisfies the 12 UOC of General Education required in the single program.
Please refer to the list of optional minors under "Area(s) of Specialisation.
1. 12 UOC of Prescribed Electives (two courses) of any other courses offered from within Arts and Social Sciences
2. 24 UOC of Free Electives (four courses) which can be taken within or outside the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
3. 12 UOC of General Education (two courses) which must be taken outside of the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
Dual mode is available in 3477 International Studies/Screen and Sound Production, 3464 Music/Screen and Sound Production, 3468 Music (Honours)/Screen and Sound Production and 4752 Screen and Sound Production/Law.
- Video and sound producer
- Game designer
- Smartphone app developer
- Interactive media designer
- Advertising creative
When you study Screen and Sound Production at UNSW, you can gain practical experience related to your area of interest in a number of ways.
- elective internship through the Arts & Social Sciences Vocational Placement (Internship) course
- elective production courses from a wide range of faculties across UNSW, including the Art and Design, Built Environment, Computing Science and Engineering
- use of advanced multimedia labs, digital video production, post production facilities, animation and audio studios for relevant courses
Overseas exchange program
You don't have to choose between overseas travel and study - you can do both! Spend a term overseas at a partner university and receive credit towards your Bachelor of Media degree at UNSW.
UNSW has over 200 partner universities in over 38 countries.
A fourth year honours program is available for high achieving students in the Bachelor of Media in Screen & Sound Production.
Honours is an intensive study program that provides the opportunity to engage in specialised and extended research, to further develop research and analytical skills and expand graduate options.
Find Your Career Match
At UNSW Arts & Social Sciences we want you to love what you do - and that means choosing a degree that will help you secure a job you love.
Find out which careers suit your personality type best and how we can help you get there.