This degree teaches fundamental skills in video and sound production, screenwriting, animation and game design.
Emphasising both theoretical and practical studies, it gives you foundational knowledge in film and media history and theory, as well as applied skills in video and sound production.
Core courses combine with electives in film studies, media, sound and production to complement opportunities for practical application, where you will have access to advanced multimedia labs, digital video production, post-production facilities, animation and audio studios.
UNSW is the only university in the Sydney metropolitan area to offer a comprehensive suite of film-studies courses within a Bachelor of Media program that also provides conceptual and practical production skills.
- Art History and Theory
- Arts and Social Sciences
- Asian Studies
- Australian Studies
- Chinese Studies
- Creative Writing
- Development Studies
- Environmental Humanities
- European Studies
- Film Studies
- French Studies
- German Studies
- Human Resource Management
- Indigenous Studies
- Indonesian Studies
- International Business
- International Relations
- Italian Studies
- Japanese Studies
- Korean Studies
- Modern Greek Studies
- Politics and International Relations
- Sociology and Anthropology
- Spanish and Latin American Studies
- Theatre and Performance Studies
- Women's and Gender Studies
Degree StructureDegree Handbook
Double degree options
- An optional external minor stream of 24 – 36 UOC (four to six courses) selected from the list of UNSW BA approved external minor streams*
- 12 - 24 UOC of Free Electives (four courses) including at least 12 UOC taken within the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences.
*An external minor satisfies the 12 UOC of General Education required in the single program.
Please refer to the list of optional minors under "Area(s) of Specialisation”.
1. 12 UOC of Prescribed Electives (two courses) of any other courses offered from within Arts and Social Sciences
2. 24 UOC of Free Electives (four courses) which can be taken within or outside the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
3. 12 UOC of General Education (two courses) which must be taken outside of the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
Dual mode is available in 3477 International Studies/Screen and Sound Production, 3464 Music/Screen and Sound Production, 3468 Music (Honours)/Screen and Sound Production and 4752 Screen and Sound Production/Law.
- Video and sound producer
- Game designer
- Smartphone app developer
- Interactive media designer
- Advertising creative