You will gain experience through use of our advanced media labs as well as elective internships, interdisciplinary production courses, vocational placements and the third-year portfolio project or internship.
Anyone with a desire to gain professional skills and knowledge in public relations, media relations and organisational communication would be interested in this degree.
- Public Relations
- Media, Culture and Everyday Life
- Media, Society and Politics
- Media Industry Contexts
- Public Relations Principles
- Communications Strategies
- Public Relations Discourse
- Media Portfolio
- Crisis Communication
Our PR and advertising students also study elective courses in media, PR and advertising as well as 'free electives' which can be taken either within or outside the Arts & Social Sciences.
- Public relations
- Advertising account management
- Advertising creative services
- Media relations and social media strategy
- Corporate affairs
Our Media degrees have a strong emphasis on both the theoretical and practical. You can gain practical experience in a number of ways.
- Third year portfolio project or media internship
- Elective internship through the Arts & Social Sciences Vocational Placement (Internship) course
- Elective production courses from a wide range of faculties across UNSW, including the Art & Design, Built Environment, Computing Science, and Engineering
- Use of advanced multimedia labs, digital video production, post production facilities, animation and audio studios for relevant courses
Overseas exchange program
You don't have to choose between overseas travel and study - you can do both! Spend a term overseas at a partner university and receive credit towards your Bachelor of Media degree at UNSW.
UNSW has over 200 partner universities in over 38 countries.
A year-long honours program is available for high achieving students in the Bachelor of Media in Public Relations and Advertising.
Honours is an intensive study program that provides the opportunity to engage in specialised research, to further develop analytical skills and expand your graduate options.