The minimum entry requirement to the Graduate Diploma in Aviation Management is at least 1 year of relevant industry experience*.
There are three entry groups to the GradDip AvMgmt. The entry groups are determined by the applicant's years of industry experience. Each entry group offers different amounts of advanced standing and therefore the total UoC to complete at UNSW is different for each group.
A minimum of 1 year of relevant industry experience is required to enter the program. If you have at least 2 years of relevant industry experience or advanced flying experience to ATPL then you may be credited with up to 12 UoC advanced standing. 5 or more years of industry experience may give you up to 24 UoC advanced standing. Remaining units must be completed at UNSW.
Examples of industry experience:
- Advanced flying training (e.g. any holder of Command Instrument Rating, Commercial Pilot Licence or Air Transport Pilot Licence)
- Air traffic controller
- Aviation legal practioner
- Airline captain, first officer, second officer or line pilot
- Business strategy analyst*Defence force personnel
- Flying instructor
- Flight attendant
- Flight scheduler
- Human factors analyst
- Licence aircraft maintenance engineer, aircraft technician*Managerial role
- Marketing and sales personnel
- Network planner
- Police and fire fighters
- Research analyst
- Revenue analyst
- Flight dispatcher and load controller
- Flight safety operations and risk management personnel
Applicants are to submit the following documents for assessment of entry:
- Evidence of work in Aviation industry and years of experience
Applicants with other relevant qualifications and experience not listed may apply for admission to this program as follows. This is in accordance with UNSW Policy and Procedure on Recognition Of Prior Learning. Applicants will need to demonstrate that they have achieved the same knowledge and skills (learning outcomes) through their formal or informal learning as the qualifications listed for entry for this program. Any relevant documentation should be attached to the application and will be considered by the Academic Coordinator for the Program.